On my bedside table...

  • ...a cup of hot tea
  • "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life."
  • Krakatoa - Simon Winchester

Tuesday, November 11, 2008




And now let me tell you why we missed out on the chance to visit the Pea Patch for The ?? Annual Squirrel Hunt and Debauchery in the Ozarks Event at our family compound last week…


I have attached a couple of pictures with Chandler and Missy (the young woman who has made Chandler miserable since the 4th grade.) Aren't they a cute couple? Chandler is now taller than his mother! These two are now "going out" (???) with each other. Which means, I presume, going out of their minds. Chandler does not date yet... but we are getting uncomfortably close to that reality.

I have attached a couple pics. As you will notice, they match. While out shopping for new everything that Chandler required for the dance, I picked out an apple-green Ralph Lauren shirt and matching tie. Chandler balked. He did not realize that he needed to coordinate his outfit with his gal's.

While making a few minor alterations and pressing his suit, my eyes fell upon a spool of bright, apple-green ric rac. You know, the decorative, wavy embellishment darling of the '70s? Looks sort of like this.... wwwwwwwwwww

I had time to kill. I was also feeling the need to get even, since he'd robbed me of my trip to the Pea Patch, so.... I tacked the apple-green ric rac all over his suit. The cuffs, sleeves, pocket, collar. Had the whole thing nicely pressed and on a hanger for him.

When he saw his suit, he screamed like a little girl. Really. The thing looked like a mariachi costume. It was gorgeous, in a very demented way. Heh-heh. I've attached a picture, but the picture doesn't do the outfit justice. He honestly did not know that I was playing a joke on him. Priceless!

No comments: