On my bedside table...

  • ...a cup of hot tea
  • "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life."
  • Krakatoa - Simon Winchester

Tuesday, November 11, 2008


Teet yoo peervis!! Teet yooo peervis!!!


Each yoga session, Master Yang is getting louder and closer to my face. Six weeks into my instruction, the marble drops into the right hole, and I finally figure out that Master Yang is instructing me to “tilt my pelvis.” Finally! Things start to fall in line and I see that Master Yang does smile, after all. I feel that I came dangerously close to a waterboarding session.

This is Dahn Yoga. A very pure, practical theory. James calls it “Damn Yoga.” This is because I have signed him up for a three-month session and purchased for him his own billowing, fatboy set of yoga pajamas in which to learn this new craft. He’s pretty indignant about the whole thing. Doesn’t want his damn chakras opened. I only have one thing to say about this: ah shinadahhh…

But, as you know, I am a total hedonist and am generally impatient with self-help theory and physical fitness regimens, so please stand by.

And they think that they can make a ripple in the ocean of time??
Mom and Dad really enjoyed their visit with you recently. Apparently, they made a mini-vacation out of the trip. They were so moved by the experience that they rented one of the little cabins on Lake Hugo for the following weekend and brought along maw-maw and paw-paw, who are very, very frail and close to the end of their lives. Maw-maw grew up in that area, as you know. They drove them out to Ft. Towsen and surrounding areas, just so Maw-maw and paw-paw could look around. Our mom and dad are the most selfless, caring, generous people that I know. So what happened to us? Heh-heh.

No comments: