On my bedside table...

  • ...a cup of hot tea
  • "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life."
  • Krakatoa - Simon Winchester

Friday, March 27, 2009

Hello, Brother. Forgive me for my lack of correspondence. I’ve been traveling through a Russian winter… naked… carrying a basket of kittens. And that’s all you need to know.

I hope all is okay-ish there at The Big House. It finally started raining here in parched H-town (Houston,) which means we gon’ find some roof and wait for the FEMA copters to come save us…

As you probably know, the world is bracing for the long-term effects of “doing more with less.” I am seeing the fallout all around us and am just battening down the hatches. Kevin is one of those doods who simply has a spreadsheet mind and is way too intelligent and in-control-of-himself to be let go. Now please excuse me while I go find a piece of wood to knock on. The threat of a hefty fine from the FCC meted out public broadcasters is a nice insurance policy that keeps me working. But who knows. I am so thrilled that Kristopher is in the Navy. He appreciates this phase of his life, as well. I am encouraging him to please, please, please get his college behind him while Rich Uncle Sam is paying the tuition. Please pray. He just spent a few days with me and is now in San Diego.

Seriously, this week I get a bounty of text messages on my phone from all of my ex-husbands, plus Jerry and Randy -- wishing me a Happy Valentines! Nina (our mother) one-upped me this year by getting a new puppy, a new website and a new president!

No comments: