On my bedside table...

  • ...a cup of hot tea
  • "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life."
  • Krakatoa - Simon Winchester

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've been filling in all of my free time lately with cleaning my own grout. That's right. Grout. The reason I am doing this myself? Because I know that even the professionals will not crouch atop the slate, wielding a toothbrush and a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. (Wait a minute... that must mean that I will be doing the crouching and toothbrush-wielding, ahem) Also, I will be saving myself a considerable amount money in the exercise.

I may become a cripple over the project, but damn my grout will look nice. I plan on sealing it myself as well. Not sure about the technical level required to handle floor sealant either.

I'm a do-it-myselfer. Every damn time I tackle a project, about a third of the way into the project, the delayed wisdom of rethinking a professional occurs to me. Alas, too late. I still cannot stop myself from, say, walking outside, gazing up at my 4,500 square-foot home and saying, I really need to paint my house. I just need to go to Sherwin-Williams, pick out some pretty paint and rent a sprayer...

Not sure that my way of thinking makes much sense, but perhaps you see my point?

No comments: